June 05, 2017

LPH 107 - Soul Eats the Fear (1971)


[Lucky Psychic Hut, 2017; #107]


tracklist:

01. Bobby Womack - That's the Way I Feel About 'cha
02. Roberta Flack + Donny Hathaway - You've Got a Friend
03. The Dells - The Love We Had (Stays on My Mind)
04. The Whispers - Your Love is So Doggone Good
05. The New Birth - It's Impossible
06. The Tempations - Just My Imagination (Runnin' Away With Me)
07. Bill Withers - Ain't No Sunshine
08. The Persuaders - Thin Line Between Love + Hate
09. Millie Jackson - A Child of God (It's Hard to Believe)
10. Denise LaSalle - Trapped By a Thing Called Love
11. Joe Simon - Drowning in the Sea of Love
12. Detroit Emeralds - Wear This Ring (With Love)
13. Main Ingredient - Spinning Around (I Must Be Falling in Love)
14. The Delfonics - Hey Love
15. Gladys Knight + The Pips - I Don't Want to Do Wrong
16. Al Green - How Can You Mend a Broken Heart
17. The Stylistics - Stop, Look, Listen (To Your Heart)
18. Brenda + The Tabulations - The Touch of You
19. Fontella Bass - I'm Leaving the Choice to You
20. The Emotions - Show Me How
21. Jerry Butler + Brenda Lee Eager - Ain't Misunderstanding Mellow
22. The Ebonys - You're the Reason Why

total time: 76'40


Souled by Lucky.
Cover picture from Rainer Werner Fassbinder's 1974 film "Ali: Fear Eats the Soul" (orig. German: "Angst essen Seele auf"), featuring Brigitte Mira and El Hedi ben Salem.
I used the title in German for my first DJ-job in the 1990's.
Dedicated to David Toop.

No comments

Post a Comment