July 09, 2025

LPH 856 - Focus on Sanity (1989-2016)


[Lucky Psychic Hut, 2025; #856]


tracklist:

(1982) Billy Bang Quartet feat. Don Cherry - Focus on Sanity (Ornette Coleman)
(1989) Charles Wharf + Simon H. Fell - Sanity of True Genius
(1990) Tom Varner Quintet - Search for Sanity
(1994) Dave Douglas Group - Strength and Sanity (Booker Little)
(1995) Borah Bergman + Hamid Drake - Focus on Sanity (Ornette Coleman)
(1996) Jessica Williams Quartet - Temporary Sanity
(1996) John Lindberg - Utter Sanity
(1998) Tim Berne + Hank Roberts - Temporary Sanity
(2004) Glasgow Improvisers Orchestra + Maggie Nicols - Your Sanity
(2006) Aki Takase + Silke Eberhard - Focus on Sanity (Ornette Coleman)
(2006) Tiziano Tononi + The Ornettians - Focus on Sanity (Ornette Coleman)
(2011) Edmund Welles - Separating Sanity (Cornelius Boots)
(2019) Thumbscrew - Fractured Sanity (Mary Halvorson)

total time: 69'51


Focused by Lucky.
Cover art from Ray d'Inverno's "Focus on Sanity", 1989 (taken from Bandcamp).
Dedicated to my sister.

2 comments:

  1. You know, I have been a bit worried about my sanity lately, what with..... well, everything. Thank Goodness I happened upon this restorative and excellent website!
    Although I feel some of these performers might or might not be insane, I enjoyed this music very much.
    I'm glad I came.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers, serviceton. Sanity might be more relevant, the older one gets. I enjoyed my insanity when I was young, but don't miss it nowadays.

      Delete